Expecting a warm shower and instead discovering your water is only lukewarm or even cold is disappointing, to say the least. While this is annoying to begin with, this lack of hot water is an indicator of a bigger issue. In short, if you are discovering that you can’t get the hot water that you need, it means that there is a problem with your water heater that needs expert service.
The question you may have at this point is whether or not you can repair your water heater. The truth is that you might need a new system. A water heater replacement is no small job though so figuring out if you need a new system or not is a good place to start–and we can help.
5 Indicators Your Water Heater Need to Retire
Do you need a new water heater installed in your home? Here are some warning signs to look for that will tell if you the time for a replacement is here:
- Your water heater is too old. Your water heater isn’t going to last forever. When it starts to reach the age of 15 to 20 years old, it is best to plan for getting a new system. The older your water heater gets, the worse the energy efficiency will be and the more trouble it will cause.
- Hot water is discolored. Have you noticed that your hot water is discolored? When you turn on a hot water tap and notice red, orange, or brown-tinged water, it is a sign of rust or corrosion in your system which may mean you need a replacement.
- Hot water pressure is weak. Water pressure is another indicator of a water heater in decline. Your system may not be able to properly pump hot water into the home due to scaling or sedimentary build-up that has gotten too bad to repair.
- Water temperature is lukewarm or cold. You should be able to rely on your hot water heater to produce reliable hot water. If instead, you are getting lukewarm water, cold water, or your hot water supply only lasts a few minutes, it is a sign of a failing system.
- There is a leak in your system’s tank. Leaks aren’t always a death sentence for your system–that said, a leak in the tank of your system is. A leak is caused by corrosion in the tank which means that it needs to be replaced.
When it comes to getting professional service for water heaters in Golden Valley, AZ you should always turn to an expert team. Only a trained professional has the skills, tools, and know-how to provide an effective replacement of this system.
For water heater repairs or replacement, you can reach out to the professional technicians at Air Control Home Services for the work that you need. We always provide up-front pricing and guarantee your satisfaction with every job we do. Get in touch with us today.
Contact Air Control Home Services to schedule an appointment today.