You depend on your plumbing to do its job each day, whether that means delivering fresh water to drink or wash with or whisking away wastewater from your home. Modern plumbing systems can and should last you many years without major issues–but that doesn’t mean that your plumbing won’t encounter the occasional problem now and then.
A common issue that every plumbing system will develop at least once is a leak. Leaks require a professional plumbing repair in Bullhead City AZ to address. Here are the warning signs that it is time to call a plumber to check your plumbing out.
6 Indicators of a Leak
If there is a leak in your house, the sooner it is caught and repaired, the better. Here are some of the different warning signs that can indicate the presence of a leak in different parts of your plumbing.
- The sound of water running through the pipes without cause. Do you hear the sound of running water when you are in your house even though you know there is no water being used? This is a likely sign of a leak in one of your pipes.
- A toilet that runs nonstop or flushes by itself. Your toilet is either always running or will randomly flush by itself. These odd behaviors can indicate leaks in the drain seal or drain line of your toilet which can be both a waste of water and a health hazard. If something is going wrong with your toilet, you’ll want to get it addressed quickly.
- A water meter that shows extra activity. When you have a chance, check out your water meter. If the meter shows activity when there isn’t any, it is likely there is a leak in your home’s plumbing.
- Visible water staining in the house. If you can see visible water staining around the house such as on walls or ceilings, then this is a very apparent sign of water damage likely caused by a pipe leak.
- Puddling around the edges of the house. Take a walk around the house if you can. If you notice puddling around the edges of the home this may indicate a leak in the pipes under your home. This is known as a slab leak and can be extremely damaging to your home.
- Weakened waterflow to one or more parts of the house. Have you noticed any changes in the strength of the water pressure from your showers or faucets? If you have, don’t ignore it. See if cleaning out the filter for these appliances makes a difference. If not, you’ll need to check your plumbing for leaks.
If you suspect that there is a leak in your home’s plumbing system, the best option you have is to come to our team of professionals. We can provide video pipe inspections to assess and locate any leaks. From there, we can provide accurate and timely repairs that restore your plumbing system to prime condition.
Contact Air Control Home Services to schedule your plumbing services.